Welcome to Transforming Young People Services (TYP)
Transforming Young People (TYP) provides semi-independent living accommodation and Floating Support for young people. Our residential accommodation has staff on site 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Staff work on a waking night basis, so support is provided for the full 24 hours.
We take young people at any level of independence. Our organisation aims to provide the knowledge and support the young people require before they move on to the next stage of life (independent living).
“AIMS AND OBJECTIVES”
Our aim is to provide a good environment for young people who are leaving residential or foster care for semi-independence, as well as unaccompanied minors, where they can be supported and encouraged to develop their skills towards independence and to grow and develop into young adults. We will ensure that they have a caring and supportive environment to do so in.
Our Objectives are:
- To assist in developing and implementing person centred pathway support packages for the young people in the service.
- To promote safety for the young person by ensuring that each young person has a holistic risk assessment, that is regularly reviewed.
- To enable the young person to meet their health and emotional needs.
- To promote and maintain positive relationships that benefits the young person and enable them to develop their identity, self-respect and care for their own well-being.
- To promote a culture that is conducive to learning, education, training and employment, ensuring resources and support are available, and encourage the young person to gain and maintain employment, education and training.
- To enable the young person to develop skills to communicate and interact with others and to integrate and contribute to the community in a positive manner.
- To work in partnership with parents, relevant adults, education, health and other professionals to ensure the young person is enabled to maximise their potential.
- To promote equality and an atmosphere of trust and respect.
- To enable the young person to be empowered to make choices and decisions in all areas of their lives.
FOR ENQUIRIES CONTACT
Shanice Sewell – email@example.com